Sunday, May 3, 2009

"A Homemade Life" Number Three Best Seller

In the post-supper stupor commonly experienced at my mother-in-law's, I lazily sat to read Sunday paper with my glass of wine. I was enjoying the NW Arts & Life section when I stumbled upon the bestselling list for the local book scene.

I was JUST bemoaning the problems with bestseller lists to my family (Mary Higgens Clark, really?!) when I found my annoyance assuaged by Seattle once again.

Drum roll for Mrs. Molly Wizenberg of (one of my favorite blogs) Orangette who is number three on the best seller list with her memoir, A Homemade Life: Stories and Recipes from my Kitchen Table.



Oh I want to gobble up this novel like I gobbled up the teacake I made from her recipes this week. It may be the first fiction I have purchased in a great many years that was published post 1980.

Congratulations Molly! Seattle is so proud.

mme. bookling

No comments: